Monday, April 20, 2009

I Speak of A man

By Nii Lantey
In the name of art history
By way of poetry
I speak of a man
I tell of his works
His works that stand conspicuous
In the swathe of the ruins
Of his detractors’ subversive activities
I speak of man who gave birth to a nation
I speak of a man who lived and died for his people
I speak of a man loved and hated by his own people
I speak of a 20th century political Christ
Accused, Abused and Refused
I speak of a man vilified and demonised
Castigated by his generation
Today I speak of a man
Vindicated, celebrated
And almost deified
A man who started a fire
That burnt down towers of powers of oppression
Operating in Isms and Schisms
Colonialism and imperialism
Powers that raped and robbed my people in Africa
I speak of this man
I speak of his works
I speak of the father of my country Ghana
I speak of Osagyefo Dr Kwame Nkrumah
The black Star of Africa
Nkrumah show boy
The Giant killer
The light bearer
The answer to the question
The wind of black Africa liberation
The bear chest of the new Africa
The crown of the black pride
Take it or leave it
The army prophet general of the struggle
Take it or leave it
The tallest of the standing tall
The warrior for the soldiers
I speak of a man who brook no dread and dared to stand against the system
Kicked out the crazy baldheads
And trampled down Babylon
Home and abroad
I speak of a man who brought the sum dowm on the John Bull’s empire
I speak of a man who never dies
I speak of the man whose voice is still talking revolution
After 100years
I speak of Osagyefo Dr Kwame Nkrumah
To the galling of his detractors
He is the one
The only one
The man of the millennium
The greatest of all
I speak of no one but him
Osagyefo Dr Kwame Nkrumah
Twa Omanye Aba

No comments:

Followers